I use affiliate links in some blog posts. If you click through and make a purchase, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to yourself. Thank you for your support.
Hello again! Hope you’re having a wonderful summer, whatever you’re doing and whatever the weather. (As you read this, I’m enjoying a week away…but thanks to the marvel of modern technology (i.e. scheduled blogging), this post gets published without me. One day, this blog will even write itself.)
I hope you’re also enjoying some time to pray for your kids (or those you know) starting school this term. I’m not the best pray-er, but I’ve found myself challenged by my own blogs, and have really appreciated grabbing those tiny moments in between fetching a drink for a thirsty child and playing yet another game of Go Fish to pray for all the aspects surrounding my son’s schooling.
If you recall, we started with our kids themselves, moving on to their peers, then their teachers…and this week, we pray for those who lead our children’s schools. Friends: massive decisions affecting your child and their peers will be made by Heads, their leadership teams and governing bodies on a regular basis. Let’s pray for great wisdom for them, so that our children flourish and become the people God designed them to be!
* Pray for the Head, deputy/assistant heads, and governors at your child’s school – by name if you know names
* Pray for guidance and wisdom in decision making
* Pray for discernment, and an ability to judge situations accurately
* Pray for unity, agreement and good relationships within leadership teams
* Pray for the wise appointment of new staff – the most important decision that school leaders need to make, in my opinion…
* Pray that Christian school leaders would make a positive impact on their schools, and that many would be challenged by their witness
* You could also pray specifically for any friends you may have who are school leaders or governors, even if they’re at different schools to the child you’re praying for
* Mister’s school has a new Head (been there a term), so I will especially be praying for her as she settles in, that she would quickly get the feel of the school and take it in a positive direction – if you know of any new appointments at your child’s school, you could join me in praying for a smooth transition
* Let’s also remember our Scottish friends, who start back this week. I’ll particularly be praying for Mister’s second cousin, 6 weeks his senior and starting out on this big journey at the same time. Pray for smooth settling in, good relationships with teachers and peers, and a general blossoming of all the abilities God has gifted them with!
That’s all folks! See you when I return…